Choate Rosemary Hall seeks an Admission Officer with a start date of July 1, 2019. The Choate Admission Office is comprised of a Director and twenty professionals in a range of positions who work in collaboration with other members of the Choate community including form deans, department heads, teaching faculty, and coaches.
The Admission Officer is a full time (46-week) administrative faculty position reporting to the Director of Admission. It is an entry-level position, responsible for several tasks that are critical to the successful operation of the Admission Office.
1. To fulfill these responsibilities the Admission Officer:
- conducts interviews with prospective candidates and their families.
- reads, reviews, and evaluates candidates for admission.
- travels extensively out of state (if necessary, out of country) on behalf of the School.
- builds and maintains relationships with teachers, counselors, and placement personnel at established and potential feeder schools.
- gathers/coordinates demographic research, marketing, advertising, and logistics for each trip.
- works with Ten School Admission Organization (TSAO) peers to coordinate group travel efforts.
- represents the School at receptions, fairs, and events.
- conducts information sessions or presentations for prospective families.
- assists with orchestration of on-campus programs: Open House, Spring Visits, Counselor/Consultant visits, etc.
- in concert with other departments, coordinates candidate recruitment for students with special interests.
- visits classes, school events (athletic/artistic/academic), and other functions to keep current on life at Choate.
2. The Admission Officer takes on other duties as assigned by the Head of School and Associate Head of School.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Candidate must have high energy and the interest and ability to travel on one's own
- Familiarity with the independent, boarding school world preferred
- High degree of comfort utilizing a range of technologies associated with large and dynamic admission offices
- Driver’s license and appropriate background checks are required
The position includes school housing and some combination of residential responsibilities and other extracurricular commitments as determined by the Dean of Faculty in consultation with the Director of Admission.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled. Priority will be given to candidates who submit application materials by April 1, 2019.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.