Registrar's Office Coordinator
Reporting to the Registrar, the Coordinator assists the Registrar and Associate Registrar with the overall execution of their jobs and supports all aspects of the office. This includes: maintaining the School's academic records, assisting in the scheduling process, creating and maintaining academic courses/sections, and maintaining requirements. The Coordinator also oversees the scheduling of School Service and processes transcript requests.
This is a full-time, full year, benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle incoming phone calls and email from graduates, school reps, parents, prospective and newly enrolled parents and students. Respond to faculty and student requests for data and process transcript requests.
- Schedule and maintain School Service assignments for students for each term, working with supervisors and form deans as appropriate.
- Assist in the production, including design and copy-editing as needed, of the Course Catalogue, New Student Registration materials, and related print materials to ensure accuracy of information disseminated to students and families.
- Assist in the creation, revision, and maintenance of Crystal Reports.
- Utilize PowerCampus to: ensure receipt of official transcripts on all students, process student withdrawals to finalize transcript run, create and maintain academic course/sections, adjust student schedules, balance sections, and monitor scheduling conflicts.
- Utilize PowerSchool to: maintain Power School and Power Scheduler, schedule individual students, modify and add new students to the database after the initial load is completed as needed, and modify/add course requests/courses/sections/teacher.
- Utilize Choate Student Information System (SIS) to: enter graduation requirements for new students/overrides for current students, enter grade changes, update course requests based on teacher recommendations, and maintain Graduation Requirement Maintenance module.
- Work with the Athletics Office to coordinate the preliminary athletic requests. Notify ITS to load sections and update athletic sections throughout the term, assist proofing of student athletic courses, and create new sections or catalogue records as needed during the year.
- Assist with Graduation Ceremony preparation: order diplomas/certificates and diploma covers, confirming details with the Head of School's Office, proof the graduation name list for calligrapher, proof diplomas and certificates, and prepare diplomas and covers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Computer proficiency required. Experience with Crystal Reports, Power Campus, Power School, and Visual Cut preferred. Excellent knowledge of Publisher, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Adobe Acrobat preferred. Must be willing to learn new software.
- Previous experience in a school environment strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem solving skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative with ongoing tasks.