Systems Integration Specialist
The Systems Integration Specialist serves on the Information Systems team developing and supporting critical institutional data and systems, and works collaboratively with a broad campus constituency to identify, deliver and support on-premises and cloud solutions to meet administrative and academic needs. The Systems Integration Specialist is responsible for various information systems, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. The position is also responsible for reviewing, analyzing performance, and occasionally modifying systems, including developing, testing, debugging, and installing information systems. It is expected that the Specialist will utilize campus-wide information systems and technology resources to enhance administrative capabilities.
This is a full-time, full year, benefits eligible, staff position.
- Provide Information Systems technical support.
- Develop, test, and deliver new and expanded Information System interfaces utilizing sound project management procedures.
- Work closely with other functional areas within ITS to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems, and to identify, implement, and support effective technology and security solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new projects and initiatives to support and enhance the student information system – Ellucian PowerCampus.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve the efficiency of our processes by leveraging features of current applications and technology.
- Provide SQL administration in production and test environments for the student information system.
- Provide Enterprise-level systems support for the School.
- Carry out project management of both new implementations and ongoing upgrade tasks.
- Provide assistance and advice to users regarding the effective use of campus-wide information systems.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Take on other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager of Information Systems and/or the Director of ITS.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in an IT/CIS or related field.
- At least three years of related experience in an information technology field.
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, data processing and campus-wide information systems.
- Proven project management experience within an information systems environment.
- Strong background and understanding of SQL database design.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and hard-working, with the ability to manage changing priorities and meet deadlines in a high-priority, customer service, on-call environment.
- Demonstrated ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must work well independently and with others, including those of varying technical skills.
- Experience within a K12 or higher education environment, with Ellucian PowerCampus ERP or an equivalent K12 or Higher Ed ERP.
- Technical experience with systems networking, database structure, web development, report generation, and end-user support.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Experience with Enterprise-level applications.
- Integration infrastructure knowledge and experience (e.g., SSO, identity management, etc.).
- Industry recognized certification in relation to job duties.
- Evidence of personal focus on refreshing knowledge and learning new skills relevant to the field.
Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to climb stairs, bend, lift and carry light objects, open file drawers.
In addition, the individual in this position should expect to work a normal business day (8AM-4:30PM), yet be available outside of normal work hours to assist in emergency events and during regular maintenance windows. As a result, the Systems Integration Specialist is expected to be reachable, within reason, via mobile device.